Subject: Re: bug#9132: 24.0.50; bootstrap failure on windows

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:30:15 -0400

> * Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2011-07-21 20:13:00 +0300]:
>
>> From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:46:24 -0400
>> 
>> >> Unhandled exception at 0x05a74ac3 in emacs.exe: 0xC0000096: Privileged instruction.
>> >
>> > Can you install DrMinGW, or run this command under GDB, and show the
>> > traceback?
>> 
>> emacs.exe caused a Privileged Instruction at location 05a74ac3.
>> 
>> Registers:
>> eax=05aba00c ebx=059b4f20 ecx=059b4f50 edx=0001811e esi=059b4f21 edi=059b4f50
>> eip=05a74ac3 esp=0082ae6c ebp=0082aee8 iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz ac pe nc
>> cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00010212
>> 
>> Call stack:
>> 05A74AC3
>> 01034D12  emacs.exe:01034D12  secure_hash  fns.c:4790
>
> Line 4790 of fns.c from today's bzr is an empty line.  What do you see
> on that line?

  hash_func (SSDATA (object) + start_byte,
	     SBYTES (object) - (size_byte - end_byte),
	     SSDATA (digest));

========>>>>>>>>>  if (NILP (binary))
    {
      unsigned char *p = SDATA (digest);
      for (i = digest_size - 1; i >= 0; i--)
	{

> Since you compiled without debug info, I don't really trust this
> backtrace.  Can you try building without optimizations?  You will need
> to re-run configure.bat with the "--no-opt" switch.  While at that,
> add the "--enable-checking" switch as well, perhaps it will be able to
> catch the problem earlier.

emacs.exe caused a Breakpoint at location 7d61002d in module ntdll.dll.

Registers:
eax=00000006 ebx=03e45862 ecx=7d61f60d edx=00180002 esi=00000000 edi=00000000
eip=7d61002d esp=008297bc ebp=008297d8 iopl=0         nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00000246

Call stack:
7D61002D  ntdll.dll:7D61002D  DbgBreakPoint
0103C605  emacs.exe:0103C605  make_uninit_multibyte_string  alloc.c:2401

0103C594  emacs.exe:0103C594  make_uninit_string  alloc.c:2384

0106622E  emacs.exe:0106622E  secure_hash  fns.c:4784

010664BC  emacs.exe:010664BC  Fmd5  fns.c:4836

01035FCE  emacs.exe:01035FCE  eval_sub  eval.c:2371

01035CCF  emacs.exe:01035CCF  eval_sub  eval.c:2342

01030BC5  emacs.exe:01030BC5  Fand  eval.c:281

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030B12  emacs.exe:01030B12  For  eval.c:257

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030BC5  emacs.exe:01030BC5  Fand  eval.c:281

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030C34  emacs.exe:01030C34  Fif  eval.c:306

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032F82  emacs.exe:01032F82  Flet  eval.c:1095

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01030D55  emacs.exe:01030D55  Fcond  eval.c:335

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032F82  emacs.exe:01032F82  Flet  eval.c:1095

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

0103305C  emacs.exe:0103305C  Fwhile  eval.c:1117

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01081632  emacs.exe:01081632  Fsave_current_buffer  editfns.c:989

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

010362D7  emacs.exe:010362D7  eval_sub  eval.c:2418

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032AA4  emacs.exe:01032AA4  FletX  eval.c:1025

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01033450  emacs.exe:01033450  internal_catch  eval.c:1247

010333BB  emacs.exe:010333BB  Fcatch  eval.c:1219

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01038B70  emacs.exe:01038B70  funcall_lambda  eval.c:3233

01038474  emacs.exe:01038474  apply_lambda  eval.c:3117

01036306  emacs.exe:01036306  eval_sub  eval.c:2421

01030B12  emacs.exe:01030B12  For  eval.c:257

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01032D57  emacs.exe:01032D57  Flet  eval.c:1065

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01030C77  emacs.exe:01030C77  Fif  eval.c:308

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

010362D7  emacs.exe:010362D7  eval_sub  eval.c:2418

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01030D55  emacs.exe:01030D55  Fcond  eval.c:335

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

0103305C  emacs.exe:0103305C  Fwhile  eval.c:1117

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

010885A1  emacs.exe:010885A1  Fsave_restriction  editfns.c:3351

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

010815E8  emacs.exe:010815E8  Fsave_excursion  editfns.c:975

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01030C77  emacs.exe:01030C77  Fif  eval.c:308

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

010362D7  emacs.exe:010362D7  eval_sub  eval.c:2418

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01081632  emacs.exe:01081632  Fsave_current_buffer  editfns.c:989

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

010362D7  emacs.exe:010362D7  eval_sub  eval.c:2418

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032F82  emacs.exe:01032F82  Flet  eval.c:1095

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01033450  emacs.exe:01033450  internal_catch  eval.c:1247

010333BB  emacs.exe:010333BB  Fcatch  eval.c:1219

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01038B70  emacs.exe:01038B70  funcall_lambda  eval.c:3233

01038474  emacs.exe:01038474  apply_lambda  eval.c:3117

01036306  emacs.exe:01036306  eval_sub  eval.c:2421

01030CBD  emacs.exe:01030CBD  Fcond  eval.c:331

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

0103305C  emacs.exe:0103305C  Fwhile  eval.c:1117

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032F82  emacs.exe:01032F82  Flet  eval.c:1095

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01033450  emacs.exe:01033450  internal_catch  eval.c:1247

010333BB  emacs.exe:010333BB  Fcatch  eval.c:1219

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01035CCF  emacs.exe:01035CCF  eval_sub  eval.c:2342

010362D7  emacs.exe:010362D7  eval_sub  eval.c:2418

010362D7  emacs.exe:010362D7  eval_sub  eval.c:2418

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01081632  emacs.exe:01081632  Fsave_current_buffer  editfns.c:989

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

010362D7  emacs.exe:010362D7  eval_sub  eval.c:2418

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032AA4  emacs.exe:01032AA4  FletX  eval.c:1025

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01038B70  emacs.exe:01038B70  funcall_lambda  eval.c:3233

01038213  emacs.exe:01038213  Ffuncall  eval.c:3070

01036C57  emacs.exe:01036C57  Fapply  eval.c:2514

01035C05  emacs.exe:01035C05  eval_sub  eval.c:2329

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032F82  emacs.exe:01032F82  Flet  eval.c:1095

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01038B70  emacs.exe:01038B70  funcall_lambda  eval.c:3233

01038474  emacs.exe:01038474  apply_lambda  eval.c:3117

01036306  emacs.exe:01036306  eval_sub  eval.c:2421

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032F82  emacs.exe:01032F82  Flet  eval.c:1095

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01038B70  emacs.exe:01038B70  funcall_lambda  eval.c:3233

01038213  emacs.exe:01038213  Ffuncall  eval.c:3070

01035C05  emacs.exe:01035C05  eval_sub  eval.c:2329

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01030C77  emacs.exe:01030C77  Fif  eval.c:308

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01030D55  emacs.exe:01030D55  Fcond  eval.c:335

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032AA4  emacs.exe:01032AA4  FletX  eval.c:1025

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

0103305C  emacs.exe:0103305C  Fwhile  eval.c:1117

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032F82  emacs.exe:01032F82  Flet  eval.c:1095

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030C57  emacs.exe:01030C57  Fif  eval.c:307

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

010362D7  emacs.exe:010362D7  eval_sub  eval.c:2418

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032F82  emacs.exe:01032F82  Flet  eval.c:1095

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01038B70  emacs.exe:01038B70  funcall_lambda  eval.c:3233

01038474  emacs.exe:01038474  apply_lambda  eval.c:3117

01036306  emacs.exe:01036306  eval_sub  eval.c:2421

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01038B70  emacs.exe:01038B70  funcall_lambda  eval.c:3233

01038474  emacs.exe:01038474  apply_lambda  eval.c:3117

01036306  emacs.exe:01036306  eval_sub  eval.c:2421

01033610  emacs.exe:01033610  Funwind_protect  eval.c:1346

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01032F82  emacs.exe:01032F82  Flet  eval.c:1095

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01030C77  emacs.exe:01030C77  Fif  eval.c:308

0103594F  emacs.exe:0103594F  eval_sub  eval.c:2305

01030DFD  emacs.exe:01030DFD  Fprogn  eval.c:357

01038B70  emacs.exe:01038B70  funcall_lambda  eval.c:3233

01038474  emacs.exe:01038474  apply_lambda  eval.c:3117

01036306  emacs.exe:01036306  eval_sub  eval.c:2421

01035495  emacs.exe:01035495  Feval  eval.c:2211

0100510E  emacs.exe:0100510E  top_level_2  keyboard.c:1166

01033A90  emacs.exe:01033A90  internal_condition_case  eval.c:1493

01005140  emacs.exe:01005140  top_level_1  keyboard.c:1173

01033450  emacs.exe:01033450  internal_catch  eval.c:1247

0100507B  emacs.exe:0100507B  command_loop  keyboard.c:1135

01004663  emacs.exe:01004663  recursive_edit_1  keyboard.c:756

01004985  emacs.exe:01004985  Frecursive_edit  keyboard.c:821

01002806  emacs.exe:01002806  main  emacs.c:1703

010010BB  emacs.exe:010010BB  __mingw_CRTStartup  crt1.c:244

010012A8  emacs.exe:010012A8
0114ED3B  emacs.exe:0114ED3B  _start  unexw32.c:131

7D4E7D42  kernel32.dll:7D4E7D42  BaseProcessInitPostImport

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on CentOS release 5.6 (Final) X 11.0.60900031
http://honestreporting.com http://memri.org http://openvotingconsortium.org
http://www.memritv.org http://thereligionofpeace.com http://pmw.org.il
((lambda (x) (list x (list 'quote x))) '(lambda (x) (list x (list 'quote x))))