Subject: bug#9132: 24.0.50; bootstrap failure on windows

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 19:34:27 +0200

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 19:25, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:32:40 -0400
>>
>> $ gmake EMACS=../bin1/emacs-2011-04-27.exe bzr-update
>> ...
>> Generating autoloads for calc/calc-aent.el...
>> Failure in loading charset map: GB2312
>
> This comes from charset.c, FWIW, and the reason is a failed call to
> `fopen'.  It would be good to know the errno value for that failure,
> and also the value of Vcharset_map_path.
>
> Could it be that your system runs out of available file handles?  I
> didn't see such problems since the old DOS days, but what else can
> explain this?

How does it come that Emacs does not report the errno number here? Or
is it just not seen?