Subject: bug/misbehaviour in vc-next action when stealing locks

From: albemarle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 01:09:46 -0700 (PDT)

The following seems like a bug or msibehaviour to me.

Context:
--------
Alice checks out (locks) file 'text'. The back-end is RCS.
Bob checkout the same file; he steals the lock.
Alice has made some changes. She saves the file and now wants to check in.
She presses C-x v v and is asked if she wants to steal the lock.  She says
'yes'.

What happens:
--------------
All her changes are lost and she is back to an unchanged (last revision) of
the file.

Expected:
----------
A warning saying that she is going to lose all her changes OR at least some
way of getting those changes back (e.g. undo). None is available at the
moment.

Note that Alice initiated 'vc-next-action' with the intention of 'check-in'
but she ended up having a 'check-out' that overwrote her file.

Feedback welcome.

A.

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/bug-misbehaviour-in-vc-next-action-when-stealing-locks-tp32089101p32089101.html
Sent from the Emacs - Bugs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.