Subject: Re: 24.0.50; Document menu keyword `:selected'

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 05:14:20 +0200

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> For example, I see code such as this in a 3rd-party library, and I
> wonder what happens if `ls-lisp-dirs-first' is undefined.  The :visible
> sexp here is protected OK (by `ls-lisp-var-p'), but if :selected is
> eval'd even when :visible is nil then this would presumably raise an
> error.
>
> ["Ignore Case" dired-sort-menu-toggle-ignore-case :style toggle
>     :selected ls-lisp-ignore-case :active t
>     :help "Ignore case in alphanumeric sorting"
>     ;; supported only by (Emacs 21) ls-lisp library and local dired:
>     :visible (ls-lisp-var-p 'ls-lisp-ignore-case)]

:selected is, as far as I can tell, an `easy-menu-define' thing, and is
documented there.  I'm not sure `define-key' supports it at all --
anybody know?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/