Subject: bug#9117: 24.0.50; Document menu keyword `:selected'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 13:12:22 +0200

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> For example, I see code such as this in a 3rd-party library, and I
>> wonder what happens if `ls-lisp-dirs-first' is undefined.  The :visible
>> sexp here is protected OK (by `ls-lisp-var-p'), but if :selected is
>> eval'd even when :visible is nil then this would presumably raise an
>> error.
>>
>> ["Ignore Case" dired-sort-menu-toggle-ignore-case :style toggle
>>     :selected ls-lisp-ignore-case :active t
>>     :help "Ignore case in alphanumeric sorting"
>>     ;; supported only by (Emacs 21) ls-lisp library and local dired:
>>     :visible (ls-lisp-var-p 'ls-lisp-ignore-case)]
>
> :selected is, as far as I can tell, an `easy-menu-define' thing, and is
> documented there.  I'm not sure `define-key' supports it at all --
> anybody know?

Doesn't seem like it.  `easy-menu-define' documents :selected, so I
don't think there's anything to fix here.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no