Subject: 24.0.50; `documentation' should not return args list for CL defun*.

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 08:05:22 +0200

Hi,
documentation return the list of arg for the defun*'s:(choose a short one)

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(documentation 'ert--remove*)
"Does not support all the keywords of remove*.

(fn X LIST &key KEY TEST)"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It's annoying for function not documented because it return only list of
args instead or returning nil.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2011-07-16 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  anything-dired-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> SPC d o c C-M-x 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <tab> <tab> <down> <down> 
<down> C-z C-g <up> <down> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
; <up> <up> <up> <up> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <backspace> <backspace> C-M-x <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <tab> <tab> <down> <down> <down> 
C-z <down> C-z <up> C-z <down> <down> <down> <down> 
C-z <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> C-z <down> <down> C-z <down> <down> C-z <down> 
C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z <down> C-z C-g 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <return> C-x C-s <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> M-x r e p o r t <r
eturn>

Recent messages:
anything-c-get-first-line-documentation

Quit
anything-c-get-first-line-documentation

Quit
Auto-saving...done
Saving file /home/thierry/labo/anything-config-qp/anything-config.el...
Wrote /home/thierry/labo/anything-config-qp/anything-config.el

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug flow-fill mailalias smtpmail epa-mail smiley gnus-cite
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml nndraft nnmh nndoc utf-7
nnimap utf7 nnml nnfolder rot13 netrc network-stream starttls tls
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cache gnus-dired find-func help-mode view cal-iso preview prv-emacs
tex-buf reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex reftex-vars font-latex
latex tex-style tex latexenc imenu rst sh-script vc-rcs vc-git xgit-dvc
xgit xgit-annotate dvc-annotate xgit-log conf-mode xhg-dvc xhg
xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log bzr-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core
xmtn-minimal tla smerge-mode newcomment dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff
dvc-fileinfo diff sendmail dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version dvc-revlist
uniquify em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob
em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode align-let
server googlecl google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode
google-maps-base json simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org
iedit zop-to-char mule-util elscreen smallurl mm-url xml-weather
rectangle-utils tv-utils pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs
auto-document autodoc mb-depth ioccur moz cl-info slime-xref-browser
slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands
slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime hideshow hyperspec
slime-autoloads boxquote rect image-file newsticker newst-treeview
newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend ledger-config
ledger esh-arg esh-util lpr woman man two-column em-term term ehelp
electric esh-toggle em-xtra flymake pdbtrack eldoc-eval eldoc no-word
regex-tool whitespace paren time dired-tar dired-extension image-dired
yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode emms-mplayer-config emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-lastfm-client parse-time emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser
sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat winner dvc-init bzr-gnus
tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher
dvc-unified dvc-tips dired-x ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help
ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp
dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs
dvc-site psvn log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack htmlize
muse-colors muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex
muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load
muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse
muse-nested-tags muse-mode muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks
remember org-remember org-datetree config-w3m mime-w3m w3m doc-view
jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mime eword-decode mel path-util
mime-parse std11 luna mime-def alist mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces
pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe pym static apel-ver product w3m-load
addressbook-bookmark message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol bookmark-uzbl-handler
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval
org-complete org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs
noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark pp recentf
tree-widget wid-edit savehist init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything
anything-ipython ipython python-mode info-look ansi-color executable
shell pcomplete shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion
anything-obsolete anything-match-plugin anything-delicious
anything-mercurial anything-stgit anything-config browse-url rx xml url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap grep compile comint ring tramp
tramp-compat format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-aux ffap thingatpt
anything warnings epa-file epa derived epg epg-config auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc gnus-util time-date
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache dired regexp-opt usage-memo punycode
idna naquadah-theme eev-thierry edmacro kmacro iterator eev-all
eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs
disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice
help-fns advice-preload w3m-wget preview-latex tex-site auto-loads info
easymenu cl tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997