Subject: 24.0.50; EasyPG - creating new gpg-encrypted files fails

From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 21:53:51 -0500

With Emacs 23 I could create new gpg-encrypted files by simply
giving the file name the extension .gpg. Then emacs would ask me
which public keys to use for encryption. Now emacs will pop up a
pinentry window which doesn't do anything useful. Whatever I enter
there results in the error message

 Opening output file: Encrypt failed: ((exit))

But I cannot select anymore the public keys I want to use for
encryption. The bottom line is that I don't know anymore what I
could / should do to create new gpg-encrypted files.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2011-07-16 on regnitz
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_US.ISO-8859-15
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-9-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t