Subject: 24.0.50; Fontified text yanked into minibuffer remains fontified

From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 22:45:28 -0600

When yanking fontified text, e.g. source code, into the minibuffer, the
yanked text remains fontified in certain situations, e.g. when using grep.

Recipe:

emacs -Q
Open source file, e.g. alloc.c
Select a fontified piece of text, e.g. #include
M-w
M-x grep
C-y

The text #include in the minibuffer appears fontified per the active
color theme.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
  of 2011-07-16 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags 
-I"C:/Program Files (x86)/GnuWin32/include" 
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libXpm-3.5.8/include" 
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libXpm-3.5.8/src" 
-I"D:/devel/emacs/gnutls-2.8.6/include" --ldflags 
-L"D:/devel/emacs/gnutls-2.8.6/lib"'

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: ENU
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: cp1252
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
call-interactively: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
emacsbug time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)