Subject: bug#9093: closed (Re: bug#9093: 24.0.50; compilation error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:54:02 +0000

Your bug report

#9093: 24.0.50; compilation error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9093: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9093
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9093: 24.0.50; compilation error
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:53:25 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pete Lee wrote (on Mon, 18 Jul 2011 at 10:20 -0500):

> That did it.. you can close.

Subject: 24.0.50; compilation error
From: Pete Lee <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:58:16 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've been using Emacs compiled from cvs (now bzr) for several years.  It has
been about 6 months since I last built and am now getting errors due to
autoconf requirements having been raised.

I'm running on CentOS 5.4 and autoconf is at 2.59 there.  So I downloaded
latest versions of autoconf (2.68), m4 (1.4.16), and automake (1.11) and
built all from source and was able to get further... autoconf didn't work..
'autoreconf --install' got further but also failed:

$ autoreconf --install
configure.in:646: installing `./compile'
configure.in:378: installing `./config.guess'
configure.in:378: installing `./config.sub'
configure.in:28: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in:28: installing `./missing'
lib/gnulib.mk:30: GL_GENERATE_ALLOCA_H does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:145: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_dosname does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:217: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_be453cec5eecf5731a274f2de7f2db36 does
not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:356: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_sigprocmask does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:367: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_stat does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:382: GL_GENERATE_STDARG_H does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:410: GL_GENERATE_STDBOOL_H does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:433: GL_GENERATE_STDDEF_H does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:463: GL_GENERATE_STDINT_H does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:740: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_strtoll does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:751: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_strtoull does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:1036: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_verify does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Then ran:
$ make extraclean
[ -r "/home/me/src/emacs/trunk/src/config.in" ] || ( cd
/home/me/src/emacs/trunk && autoheader )
cd /home/me/src/emacs/trunk && automake --gnu -a -c lib/Makefile
lib/gnulib.mk:30: GL_GENERATE_ALLOCA_H does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:145: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_dosname does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:217: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_be453cec5eecf5731a274f2de7f2db36 does
not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:356: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_sigprocmask does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:367: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_stat does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:382: GL_GENERATE_STDARG_H does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:410: GL_GENERATE_STDBOOL_H does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:433: GL_GENERATE_STDDEF_H does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:463: GL_GENERATE_STDINT_H does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:740: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_strtoll does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:751: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_strtoull does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
lib/gnulib.mk:1036: gl_GNULIB_ENABLED_verify does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
lib/Makefile.am:9:   `lib/gnulib.mk' included from here
make: *** [/home/me/src/emacs/trunk/lib/Makefile.in] Error 1

Has anyone successfully compiled GNU Emacs on CentOS-5?  I'd love to know
what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Pete

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2011-07-11 on pete-614-siq
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.10904000
configured using `configure  '--with-x' '--with-x-toolkit=no'
'--without-sound' '--prefix=/home/me/usr/emacs''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t