Subject: Re: bug#9087: Crash reading from minibuffer with icomplete-mode

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:38:46 +0200

> #0  w32_abort () at w32fns.c:7182
 > #1  0x011d4c94 in Fframe_first_window (frame_or_window=56209413) at window.c:249
 > #2  0x0110457b in choose_minibuf_frame () at minibuf.c:133
 > #3  0x011045e3 in choose_minibuf_frame_1 (ignore=53151770) at minibuf.c:140
 > #4  0x01039a41 in unbind_to (count=27, value=53151770) at eval.c:3437
 > #5  0x010334d9 in unwind_to_catch (catch=0x88e450, value=53436670) at
 > eval.c:1290

This abort seems to come from a frame containing a window which has
neither a buffer nor a child window.

 > (gdb) bt
 > #0  w32_abort () at w32fns.c:7182
 > #1  0x011ef3d0 in Fset_window_configuration (configuration=56085445)
 > at window.c:5720
 > #2  0x01039a41 in unbind_to (count=34, value=53151770) at eval.c:3437
 > #3  0x010334d9 in unwind_to_catch (catch=0x88d9f0, value=53151794) at
 > eval.c:1290

OTOH, this one looks like a mismatched UNBLOCK_INPUT.

martin