Subject: Re: bug#9087: Crash reading from minibuffer with icomplete-mode

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:26:03 +0100

> For me too.  Can't do much with the backtrace, though :-(

It's a bit more informative if you switch to thread 1.

gdb: unknown target exception 0xc0000029 at 0x77b907b6

Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.
[Switching to Thread 3736.0x165c]
0x77b907b6 in ntdll!EtwEventUnregister () from C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll
(gdb) bt
#0  0x77b907b6 in ntdll!EtwEventUnregister () from C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll
#1  0x0088e824 in ?? ()
#2  0x755907f0 in setjmp () from C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
#3  0x0088ffc4 in ?? ()
Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Lisp Backtrace:
"byte-code" (0x88eaf4)
"load" (0x88f254)
"command-line-1" (0x88f554)
"command-line" (0x88f888)
"normal-top-level" (0x88fae0)
(gdb) thread 1
[Switching to thread 1 (Thread 3736.0x143c)]
#0  0x010df77c in exec_byte_code (bytestr=59950785, vector=56834309,
maxdepth=12, args_template=54691866, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:1016
1016                while (--op >= 0 && CONSP (v1))
(gdb) bt
#0  0x010df77c in exec_byte_code (bytestr=59950785, vector=56834309,
maxdepth=12, args_template=54691866, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:1016
#1  0x01037b28 in funcall_lambda (fun=56833221, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x342881a) at eval.c:3217
#2  0x0103700e in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88e500) at eval.c:3035
#3  0x010debea in exec_byte_code (bytestr=59950657, vector=60752517,
maxdepth=16, args_template=54691866, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:785
#4  0x010de188 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=59950657, vector=60752517,
maxdepth=16) at bytecode.c:423
#5  0x01034e48 in eval_sub (form=59163478) at eval.c:2340
#6  0x010325fe in internal_catch (tag=60117186, func=0x103450f
<eval_sub>, arg=59163478) at eval.c:1256
#7  0x010df5a8 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=59950705, vector=60649957,
maxdepth=8, args_template=54691866, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:966
#8  0x010de188 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=59950705, vector=60649957,
maxdepth=8) at bytecode.c:423
#9  0x01034e48 in eval_sub (form=59163430) at eval.c:2340
#10 0x01085897 in readevalloop (readcharfun=54774386,
stream=0x75602960, sourcename=59950849, printflag=0, unibyte=54691866,
readfun=54691866,
    start=54691866, end=54691866) at lread.c:1838
#11 0x010839ac in Fload (file=59961585, noerror=54691866,
nomessage=54691890, nosuffix=54691866, must_suffix=54691866) at
lread.c:1316
#12 0x01036dde in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x88f250) at eval.c:3002
#13 0x010debea in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20300521, vector=20300933,
maxdepth=88, args_template=1028, nargs=1, args=0x88f558) at
bytecode.c:785
#14 0x010376f4 in funcall_lambda (fun=20300493, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x404) at eval.c:3151
#15 0x0103700e in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88f550) at eval.c:3035
#16 0x010debea in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20284105, vector=20285029,
maxdepth=72, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x88f888) at
bytecode.c:785
#17 0x010376f4 in funcall_lambda (fun=20284077, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x0) at eval.c:3151
#18 0x0103700e in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88f884) at eval.c:3035
#19 0x010debea in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20280297, vector=20280517,
maxdepth=32, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x88fae0) at
bytecode.c:785
#20 0x010376f4 in funcall_lambda (fun=20280269, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x0) at eval.c:3151
#21 0x01037344 in apply_lambda (fun=20280269, args=54691866) at eval.c:3094
#22 0x010351a4 in eval_sub (form=54931686) at eval.c:2379
#23 0x010344fe in Feval (form=54931686, lexical=54691866) at eval.c:2188
#24 0x0100532a in top_level_2 () at keyboard.c:1168
#25 0x01032bdb in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x100530d
<top_level_2>, handlers=54749594, hfun=0x1004eba <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1499
#26 0x0100535e in top_level_1 (ignore=54691866) at keyboard.c:1176
#27 0x010325fe in internal_catch (tag=54747618, func=0x100532c
<top_level_1>, arg=54691866) at eval.c:1256
#28 0x01005294 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1131
#29 0x0100488f in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:758
#30 0x01004baa in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:822
#31 0x010028b5 in main (argc=4, argv=0xb72d40) at emacs.c:1715

Lisp Backtrace:
"byte-code" (0x88eaf4)
"load" (0x88f254)
"command-line-1" (0x88f554)
"command-line" (0x88f888)
"normal-top-level" (0x88fae0)
(gdb)