Subject: Re: bug#9084: 24.0.50; displaying man pages splits the window and formats the text for the full width of the whole frame rather than for the width of the window the text is displayed in, which is only 1/2 the width of the frame

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 02:27:22 +0300

> BTW, is it impossible to use word wrapping for man pages?

`man' uses its own word wrapping.

Currently I'm testing your window changes.  Do you think
creating an automated test would help?

I tried to run such tests in batch mode.  Both `frame-width' and
`frame-height' return the value 10.  And `window-height' returns 8.
After calling `split-window', the function `window-height' returns
the value 4.  This means that it's possible to create a batch test
for splitting windows.  But calling `make-frame' from the window test
fails with:

  Test window-tests backtrace:
    make-terminal-frame(nil)
    tty-create-frame-with-faces(nil)
    make-frame()
    ...
  Test window-tests condition:
      (error "Unknown terminal type")

How could Ert help testing in interactive mode?