Subject: Re: expecting a list, got a vector

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 13:25:50 -0400

on Tue Aug 02 2011, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi-AT-gnus.org> wrote:

> Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> It's fairly common when I do a `G' from the group buffer for
>> everything to get stuck just after nnimap seems to have collected all
>> its data from the server (I presume that's what's going on from the
>> message about how many bytes have been read).
>
> Can you (setq debug-on-quit t) and see where it hangs?

Here's an example:

  byte-code("\203

Ugh!  I had an example in the backtrace buffer and copied it to kill,
but a null character embedded in the bytecode cut it off.

Ah, saved by browse-kill-ring.  I replaced the null with "^@":

  byte-code("\203^@\302\303!\210\304	!\210\305\207" [debug-on-quit process debug "Quit" delete-process nil] 2)
  nnimap-wait-for-response(259)
  nnimap-get-response(259)
  nnimap-command("UID SEARCH SENTBEFORE %s" "26-JUL-2011")
  nnimap-find-expired-articles("INBOX")
  nnimap-request-expire-articles((36507 36511 36514 36515 36516 36517 36518 36519 36520 36522 36523 36529 36531 36532 36533 36535 36536 36537 36538 36539 36540 36542 36543 36544 36545 36546 36547 36548 36550 36563 36564 36566 36568 36569 36570 36571 36572 36573 36574 36575 36576 36577 36578 36579 36580 36581 36582 36583 36584 36585 ...) "INBOX" "BoostPro" nil)
  gnus-request-expire-articles((36507 36511 36514 36515 36516 36517 36518 36519 36520 36522 36523 36529 36531 36532 36533 36535 36536 36537 36538 36539 36540 36542 36543 36544 36545 36546 36547 36548 36550 36563 36564 36566 36568 36569 36570 36571 36572 36573 36574 36575 36576 36577 36578 36579 36580 36581 36582 36583 36584 36585 ...) "INBOX")
  gnus-summary-expire-articles()
  run-hooks(gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook)
  apply(run-hooks gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook)
  gnus-run-hooks(gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook)
  gnus-summary-exit(nil leave-hidden)
  gnus-summary-reselect-current-group(nil t)
  gnus-summary-rescan-group(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-rescan-group nil nil)

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com