Subject: bug#9075: expecting a list, got a vector

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 17:26:52 +0200

Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Do you mean an uncompiled Gnus?  Wouldn't I have to (load "gnus-sum.el")
> for that?

Yes.

> Unfortunately, now I can't reproduce it either.  I think I may have made
> it go away with some drastic action I took like tossing my Agent data.

If it's Agent-related, that would make more sense...  I still haven't
gotten around to really digging into the nnimap/Agent interaction
problems.  I should just switch on agentising for all my nnimap groups
to experience the problems myself.

> One theory I've been mulling over recently is that these conditions
> mostly happen due to incomplete error handling.  It's not uncommon that
> some operation gets stuck, or just takes too long, and I have to
> interrupt it either with `C-g' or (much more rarely) by killing some
> process.

If you `C-g', Gnus is likely to end up in an odd state.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/