Subject: RE: bug#9074: 24.0.50; problems trying to mail bug report, again

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 14:40:09 -0700

> > I just now repeated the recipe.  You can do the same, BTW.
> 
> I can't.  I don't have Windows.

Then I guess you'll either have to take my word for it or the bug will have to
remain open and the behavior broken until someone else on Windows can repeat the
recipe.

> > Who knows what kryr553sfkv.fsf is.  MYMACHINE is my machine 
> > name.  Are users required to set the mail-host-address also now?
> What are you on about?

Let me put it differently.  Is it correct that the message ID have such a value?
I don't know - just letting you know what it is.

> > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range 105527 105528)
> 
> Does mailclient work for you otherwise if not called from "emacs -Q"?

Yes. But I was asked again about SMTP, even though I had already answered `n'
once before in a previous non-emacs -Q session.

When I tried this with a previous build it did remember and didn't ask the
question again thereafter.  But now it asked me again. Perhaps I need to go
through this with each new build?  I see the value saved in my `custom-file', so
I don't understand why I was asked.  And doing it a second time, in a new
session, I was not asked.  ?

> If so, the fix I applied earlier today may fix this, too.

Let's hope so.