Subject: bug#9072: 24.0.50; special-display buffer's window is no longer dedicated

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:03:30 -0700

1. Download these two files and put them in your load-path:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/hexrgb.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/oneonone.el
 
2. Start Emacs:
 
runemacs.exe -Q --debug-init -l "hexrgb.el" -l "oneonone.el" -f "1on1-emacs"
 
3. Make *Buffer List* be a special-display buffer:
 
M-: (setq special-display-regexps '("[ ]?[*][^*]+[*]"))
 
4. C-x C-b
 
5. In *Buffer List*, click a buffer.  It should be shown in a separate
frame.  Instead, it is shown in the same frame, taking the place of the
*Buffer List* buffer.  The window of *Buffer List* is not dedicated as
it should be.
 
This is a regression wrt a build from 2011-06-27, where there was no
such problem.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-07-11 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/build/include'