Subject: bug#906: closed (Re: bug#906: emacsclient +EOF etc. ways to position counting from EOF)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 23:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#906: emacsclient +EOF etc. ways to position counting from EOF

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
906: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=906
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#906: emacsclient +EOF etc. ways to position counting from EOF
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 19:03:49 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

No. If you want greater flexibility, use the --eval argument.

>From [email-masked] Sat Sep  6 11:17:04 2008
To: [email-masked]
Subject: emacsclient +EOF etc. ways to position counting from EOF
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 01:09:37 +0800

In (info "(emacs)Invoking emacsclient") and on emacsclient --help, say
how one is to specify 'bottom of file'. For now with
  Every FILE can be either just a FILENAME or [+LINE[:COLUMN]] FILENAME.
all one can come up with is +999999. Maybe also offer a -1 -5 etc. or
--line -5 which means fifth line from bottom. Hmmm, --line -0 or
--line -1 would mean bottom, and --line +35 and --line 35 would
continue to be the same as plain +35. Maybe even add a --bytes to
count by bytes instead of lines.