Subject: bug#9046: closed (Re: bug#9046: 24.0.50; Gnus crash emacs with segfault when using org keywords in body)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 23:10:02 +0000

Your bug report

#9046: 24.0.50; Gnus crash emacs with segfault when using org keywords in body

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9046: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9046
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9046: 24.0.50; Gnus crash emacs with segfault when using org keywords in body
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:38:08 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Chong Yidong wrote:

> Sorry, this is too vague.  Could you provide a precise recipe?

This bug is being closed due to lack of information in the original
report and no response to a request for more information.
If you reply with the requested information it can be reopened.

Subject: 24.0.50; Gnus crash emacs with segfault when using org keywords in body
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:33:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
when inserting org keyword with "conf" as source (conf-mode)
it crash emacs (try to open my reply in bug#9033 to reproduce).

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x08193bd7 in mark_object (arg=138580186) at alloc.c:5287
5287    {
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.9 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2011-07-11 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p <return> g n u s C-g C-g <f7> m L <up> <up> 
<up> <return> 1 2 <return> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> C-SPC C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f M-w q q y M-x r e <return>

Recent messages:
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n)  y
Saving Gnus registry (6239 entries) to ~/.gnus.registry.eioio...
Saving Gnus registry (size 6239) to ~/.gnus.registry.eioio...done
Saving file /home/thierry/.newsrc...
Wrote /home/thierry/.newsrc
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow gnus-cite epa-mail mail-extr gnus-async gnus-ml nndraft nnmh
nndoc utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnml nnfolder rot13 netrc network-stream
starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-dired gnus-registry registry eieio-base
ert find-func debug emacsbug preview prv-emacs tex-buf reftex-vcr
reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex reftex-vars font-latex latex tex-style tex
latexenc imenu rst sh-script vc-git xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate
dvc-annotate xgit-log conf-mode vc-rcs xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq
xhg-log bzr-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal tla
smerge-mode newcomment dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff dvc-fileinfo diff
sendmail dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version dvc-revlist uniquify em-unix
em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl
em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode align-let server googlecl
google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json
simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit zop-to-char
mule-util elscreen smallurl mm-url xml-weather rectangle-utils tv-utils
pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs auto-document autodoc mb-depth
ioccur moz cl-info slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp
slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl slime hideshow hyperspec slime-autoloads boxquote
rect image-file newsticker newst-treeview newst-plainview newst-reader
newst-ticker newst-backend ledger-config ledger esh-arg esh-util lpr
woman man two-column em-term term ehelp electric esh-toggle em-xtra
flymake pdbtrack eldoc-eval eldoc no-word regex-tool whitespace paren
time dired-tar dired-extension image-dired yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode
emms-mplayer-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer
emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client parse-time
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat winner dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader dvc-gnus tla-core
tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips
dired-x ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util
ediff-mult ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers
dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site psvn
log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors
muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html
muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish
muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt cal-china lunar solar
cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg
org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks remember org-remember
org-datetree config-w3m mime-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util mime eword-decode mel path-util mime-parse std11 luna
mime-def alist mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken
pcustom poe pym static apel-ver product w3m-load addressbook-bookmark
message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader firefox-protocol bookmark-uzbl-handler
bookmark-firefox-handler url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
bookmark-extensions org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-complete org-list
org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark pp recentf tree-widget wid-edit savehist
init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything anything-ipython ipython
python-mode info-look ansi-color executable shell pcomplete
shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion
anything-obsolete anything-match-plugin anything-delicious xml
anything-mercurial anything-stgit anything-config browse-url rx grep
compile comint ring tramp tramp-compat format-spec tramp-loaddefs
dired-aux ffap thingatpt anything warnings epa-file epa derived epg
epg-config auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp assoc gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
dired regexp-opt usage-memo punycode idna naquadah-theme eev-thierry
edmacro kmacro iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs
eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev
easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload w3m-wget preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads info easymenu cl tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997