Subject: bug#9044: 24.0.50; File mode specification error: (error "Malformed -*- line")

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 03:58:54 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Another solution is to add file extensions of binary image formats to
>> `inhibit-first-line-modes-regexps' or `inhibit-first-line-modes-suffixes'.
>> But a list of image formats supported by ImageMagick is too long:
>> (length (imagemagick-types)) => 206.  Perhaps this is not a problem.
>
> I don't see any problem adding it to inhibit-first-line-modes-regexps,
> especially using regexp-opt.
> But only for non-text formats (e.g. not xpm or postscript).

The list is:

(YUV YCbCrA YCbCr Y XWD XV XPS XPM XCF XC XBM X3F X WPG WMZ WMV WMF WBMP
VST VIFF VID VICAR VDA UYVY UIL UBRL TXT TTF TTC TIM TILE TIFF64 TIFF
THUMBNAIL TGA TEXT SVGZ SVG SUN STEGANO SRF SR2 SHTML SGI SFW SCT SCR
RLE RLA RGBO RGBA RGB RBG RAS RAF RADIAL-GRADIENT R PWP PTIF PSD PSB PS3
PS2 PS PREVIEW PPM PNM PNG8 PNG32 PNG24 PNG PLASMA PJPEG PIX PICT PICON
PGX PGM PFM PFB PFA PES PEF PDFA PDF PDB PCX PCT PCL PCDS PCD PBM
PATTERN PAM PALM PAL OTF OTB ORF O NULL NEF MVG MTV MSVG MSL MRW MPG
MPEG MPC MP4 MOV MONO MNG MIFF MATTE MAT MAP M4V M2V M LABEL KDC K25 K
JPX JPG JPEG JPC JP2 JNG J2C ISOBRL IPL INLINE INFO ICON ICO ICB HTML
HTM HRZ HISTOGRAM HALD GROUP4 GRB GRAY GRADIENT GIF87 GIF GBR G3 G FTS
FRACTAL FITS FAX EXR ERF EPT3 EPT2 EPT EPSI EPSF EPS3 EPS2 EPS EPI EPDF
DPX DOT DNG DJVU DFONT DDS DCX DCR DCM CUT CUR CRW CR2 CMYKA CMYK CLIP
CIP CIN CAPTION CALS CAL C BRG BRF BMP3 BMP2 BMP BGRA BGR B AVS AVI ARW
ART AI A 3FR)

And that's a lot of text formats.

How about just adding the common ones -- jpeg?, tiff?, png, gif.  That
will take care of 99% of the problems.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/