Subject: bug#9042: closed (Re: bug#9042: 24.0.50; (remq nil nil) freezes Emacs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 18:19:02 +0000

Your bug report

#9042: 24.0.50; (remq nil nil) freezes Emacs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9042: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9042
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9042: 24.0.50; (remq nil nil) freezes Emacs
From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
To: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:18:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Your emacs is too old.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."

Subject: 24.0.50; (remq nil nil) freezes Emacs
From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:15:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

M-: (remq nil nil) RET

This freezes Emacs forever.  Better return nil?

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.5)
 of 2011-07-04 on myhost
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11002000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n 
n n n n n n n n C-x C-s C-z n C-z k C-x C-s C-h f o 
r g - t a s <tab> o p <tab> r e e <tab> <backspace> 
<tab> <return> C-x o <tab> <return> C-x 1 C-e C-a C-x 
C-s <C-down> <up> C-e C-x C-s <f5> M-x e v <tab> b 
<tab> <return> <f5> C-z n C-x C-f <up> <return> C-x 
C-s C-c C-e j n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n C-g 
C-x C-s C-z n C-x C-f <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> C-g C-h f <up> <return> C-x o <tab> <return> 
C-x 1 M-x e v <tab> b <tab> <return> <C-down> <up> 
<C-right> <C-right> <C-left> <C-left> C-s C-w C-w C-w 
C-w C-s C-s C-s C-a C-x C-s <C-down> <up> C-e <f5> 
C-a C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-a <C-down> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <C-right> <C-left> C-s C-w C-w C-w C-w 
C-w C-a C-x C-s <C-up> <up> C-e <f5> C-x C-f <up> <return> 
C-x C-s C-c C-e j n n n n n C-g C-x C-s C-c C-e j n 
n n n n C-x C-s M-: ( r e m q SPC n i l SPC n i l ) 
<return> M-: ( r e m q SPC n i l SPC ' ( " a " SPC 
n i l ) ) <return> M-: <up> C-e <C-left> <C-left> <C-left> 
<C-right> M-d M-d C-d C-e C-a C-x C-s C-a C-x C-s <down> 
C-x C-s <C-up> <C-up> C-x C-s M-x r e p o r <tab> b 
u g <tab> <return>

Recent messages:

Result: nil

Quit
(No changes need to be saved)
Quit
("a")
edebug-signal: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Quit
(No changes need to be saved) [3 times]

Features:
(shadow emacsbug cl-specs edebug find-func flow-fill compface gnus-fun
gnus-dup gnus-mlspl bbdb-gui sort smiley ansi-color gnus-cite gnus-async
gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml gnus-topic nndraft nnmh utf-7 rot13 disp-table
gnutls network-stream nnimap tls utf7 netrc nndiary nnml nnfolder nnnil
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cache gnus-gravatar gravatar url-cache ecomplete smtpmail epa epg
starttls bbdb-config bbdb-autoloads moy-bbdb bbdb-gnus gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig bbdb-snarf mail-extr
bbdb-anniv bbdb-hooks bbdb-com bbdb vc-bzr vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
vc vc-dispatcher cal-move parse-time help-mode debug hippie-exp
org-colview cal-iso tabify multi-isearch dired-aux mule-util
erc-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads package tabulated-list erc-services
erc-networks erc-bot http-get http-cookies hexl w3m-config webjump
w3m-search w3m-load url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie mailcap erc-stamp erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat thingatpt cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-git org-learn org-taskjuggler
org-w3m org-irc org-habit org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-info
org-protocol org-id org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-clock org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-agenda ob-gnuplot ob-R ob-plantuml ob-org ob-dot ob-sh shell
register-list wdired dired-x session org warnings ob-emacs-lisp
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint comint
ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat
org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win google-maps
google-maps-static url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp password-cache url-vars
google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json magit server derived pcomplete
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff iswitchb view diff-mode log-edit pcvs-util add-log
magit-bisect easy-mmode magit-key-mode assoc bookmark-extensions edmacro
kmacro w3m-bookmark w3m browse-url doc-view dired regexp-opt image-mode
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util bookmark pp alist pym static apel-ver product elscreen
boxquote rect cl avoid which-func imenu paren time jka-compr ring
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload
info easymenu gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)