Subject: bug#9042: 24.0.50; (remq nil nil) freezes Emacs

From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:15:10 +0200

M-: (remq nil nil) RET

This freezes Emacs forever.  Better return nil?

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.5)
 of 2011-07-04 on myhost
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11002000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n 
n n n n n n n n C-x C-s C-z n C-z k C-x C-s C-h f o 
r g - t a s <tab> o p <tab> r e e <tab> <backspace> 
<tab> <return> C-x o <tab> <return> C-x 1 C-e C-a C-x 
C-s <C-down> <up> C-e C-x C-s <f5> M-x e v <tab> b 
<tab> <return> <f5> C-z n C-x C-f <up> <return> C-x 
C-s C-c C-e j n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n C-g 
C-x C-s C-z n C-x C-f <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> C-g C-h f <up> <return> C-x o <tab> <return> 
C-x 1 M-x e v <tab> b <tab> <return> <C-down> <up> 
<C-right> <C-right> <C-left> <C-left> C-s C-w C-w C-w 
C-w C-s C-s C-s C-a C-x C-s <C-down> <up> C-e <f5> 
C-a C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-a <C-down> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <C-right> <C-left> C-s C-w C-w C-w C-w 
C-w C-a C-x C-s <C-up> <up> C-e <f5> C-x C-f <up> <return> 
C-x C-s C-c C-e j n n n n n C-g C-x C-s C-c C-e j n 
n n n n C-x C-s M-: ( r e m q SPC n i l SPC n i l ) 
<return> M-: ( r e m q SPC n i l SPC ' ( " a " SPC 
n i l ) ) <return> M-: <up> C-e <C-left> <C-left> <C-left> 
<C-right> M-d M-d C-d C-e C-a C-x C-s C-a C-x C-s <down> 
C-x C-s <C-up> <C-up> C-x C-s M-x r e p o r <tab> b 
u g <tab> <return>

Recent messages:

Result: nil

Quit
(No changes need to be saved)
Quit
("a")
edebug-signal: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Quit
(No changes need to be saved) [3 times]

Features:
(shadow emacsbug cl-specs edebug find-func flow-fill compface gnus-fun
gnus-dup gnus-mlspl bbdb-gui sort smiley ansi-color gnus-cite gnus-async
gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml gnus-topic nndraft nnmh utf-7 rot13 disp-table
gnutls network-stream nnimap tls utf7 netrc nndiary nnml nnfolder nnnil
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cache gnus-gravatar gravatar url-cache ecomplete smtpmail epa epg
starttls bbdb-config bbdb-autoloads moy-bbdb bbdb-gnus gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig bbdb-snarf mail-extr
bbdb-anniv bbdb-hooks bbdb-com bbdb vc-bzr vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
vc vc-dispatcher cal-move parse-time help-mode debug hippie-exp
org-colview cal-iso tabify multi-isearch dired-aux mule-util
erc-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads package tabulated-list erc-services
erc-networks erc-bot http-get http-cookies hexl w3m-config webjump
w3m-search w3m-load url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie mailcap erc-stamp erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat thingatpt cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-git org-learn org-taskjuggler
org-w3m org-irc org-habit org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-info
org-protocol org-id org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-clock org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-agenda ob-gnuplot ob-R ob-plantuml ob-org ob-dot ob-sh shell
register-list wdired dired-x session org warnings ob-emacs-lisp
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint comint
ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat
org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win google-maps
google-maps-static url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp password-cache url-vars
google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json magit server derived pcomplete
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff iswitchb view diff-mode log-edit pcvs-util add-log
magit-bisect easy-mmode magit-key-mode assoc bookmark-extensions edmacro
kmacro w3m-bookmark w3m browse-url doc-view dired regexp-opt image-mode
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util bookmark pp alist pym static apel-ver product elscreen
boxquote rect cl avoid which-func imenu paren time jka-compr ring
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload
info easymenu gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)