Subject: Re: bug#9034: point adjustment after `end-of-visual-line' moves to the next line

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 00:16:31 -0400

> If a line ends with invisible text, point adjustment moves to the next
> line after `end-of-visual-line'.  To reproduce run:

>   (progn (switch-to-buffer "test")
>          (insert "aline1\nbline2\ncline3\n")
>          (put-text-property 7 14 'invisible t) ; region [\nbline2]
>          (goto-char (point-min)))

> After that in the test buffer do M-: (progn (end-of-visual-line)
> (point)).  `end-of-visual-line' moves point to position 14 as expected.
> But after that the point is adjusted to position 15, as can be checked
> by C-x =.

> Sometimes the point is not adjusted to position 15 the first time you
> run `end-of-visual-line'.  But it is if you run it more than once.
> Perhaps it is related to the last point position.

I can reproduce it with M-: (progn (goto-char 14) > (point))

> Also, `move-end-of-line` always behaves correctly, so it it something
> specific to `end-of-visual-line' or `vertical-motion'.

Apparently not since I can reproduce the problem with just goto-char.
Maybe it has to do with the use of M-: instead.

        Stefan