Subject: Re: bug#8996: Set PRIMARY from last selection, not last selected window

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 15:20:56 +0100

On 25/03/12 04:32, David De La Harpe Golden wrote:

> Maybe there could be an extensible select-inhibit-commands-list,
> and users who do such things could be told to push their command onto
> it...)

I suppose you'd prefer to settle on a solution this weekend given the 
announced regressions-only, and I'm now unlikely to finish a 
probably-overengineered stab at a temporal-because-actually-timestamped 
approach today, and, well, the old approach I sent was a tad ugly too, so...

If such a postcommand-select-inhibit-list* defvar** was introduced and 
checked against instead of just hardcoding the two handle-select-window 
and handle-switch-frame, then whether or not you decide other-window 
also belongs on such a list by default, I could at least push 
other-window (and any other commands I encounter where it seems 
desirable) onto the list in my own ~/.emacs and reduce my local patching 
load...

* or whatever you want to call it.

** Making something so niche a visible defcustom might be a bit much.