Subject: bug#8996: Set PRIMARY from last selection, not last selected window

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:27:31 -0400

David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]> writes:

> Erk. Sorry, yes, this AFAIK sounds like a known (to some people...)
> problem that is apparently still present in at least some
> circumstances. I actually meant to check if it was still occurring
> after the customization vs. binding thing was decided and if so file
> it as a bug.
>
> I had previously mentioned the subtlety under #6774 (at least) [1],
> and ISTR Chong Yidong also being aware of it, though I'm having some
> trouble finding the relevant email, so hopefully I'm not unjustly
> saying that.

I can't reproduce this bug with Metacity with focus-follows-mouse on.

I'm surprised this issue has reappeared; the whole point of the current
active selection implementation is that Emacs grabs the primary
selection only after executing a command (in the command loop).  Simply
switching to an Emacs frame should not trigger it---could it be that
your Emacs is customized to do something funky with the command loop?