Subject: 24.0.50; emacs overhide font settings in .Xressources

From: thierry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 14:40:20 +0200

Hi,
Since build of 07-02-2011 (Saturday),
Emacs sometimes (unpredictable), overhide my font settings.

I must do then:
Use (set-default-font my_font)
Or
Restart X server (xrdb -load [...]does nothing)
and restart emacs.
In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2011-07-02 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> M-x 
r e p o <return>

Recent messages:
Setting up indent for shell type bash
setting up indent stuff
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type bash
Restoring buffers...85%
OVERVIEW
Restoring buffers...92%
OVERVIEW
Restoring buffers...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow gnus-cite gnus-dired gnus-registry registry eieio-base ert
find-func debug mail-extr gnus-msg emacsbug sh-script preview prv-emacs
tex-buf reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex reftex-vars font-latex
latex tex-style tex latexenc imenu rst vc-git xgit-dvc xgit
xgit-annotate dvc-annotate xgit-log conf-mode vc-rcs xhg-dvc xhg
xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log bzr-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core
xmtn-minimal tla smerge-mode newcomment dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff
dvc-fileinfo diff dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version dvc-revlist uniquify
em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs
em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode align-let server
googlecl google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode
google-maps-base json simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org
iedit zop-to-char mule-util elscreen smallurl mm-url xml-weather
rectangle-utils tv-utils pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs
auto-document autodoc mb-depth ioccur moz cl-info slime-xref-browser
slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands
slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime hideshow hyperspec
slime-autoloads boxquote rect image-file newsticker newst-treeview
newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend ledger-config
ledger esh-arg esh-util lpr woman man two-column em-term term ehelp
electric esh-toggle em-xtra flymake pdbtrack eldoc-eval eldoc no-word
regex-tool whitespace paren time dired-tar dired-extension image-dired
yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode emms-mplayer-config emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-lastfm-client parse-time emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser
sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat winner dvc-init bzr-gnus
tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher
dvc-unified dvc-tips dired-x ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help
ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp
dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs
dvc-site psvn log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack htmlize
muse-colors muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex
muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load
muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse
muse-nested-tags muse-mode muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks
remember org-remember org-datetree config-w3m mime-w3m w3m doc-view
jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mime eword-decode mel path-util
mime-parse std11 luna mime-def alist mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces
pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe pym static apel-ver product w3m-load
addressbook-bookmark message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol
bookmark-uzbl-handler bookmark-firefox-handler url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap bookmark-extensions org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval
org-complete org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs
noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark pp recentf
tree-widget wid-edit savehist init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything
anything-ipython ipython python-mode info-look ansi-color executable
shell pcomplete shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion
anything-obsolete anything-match-plugin anything-delicious xml
anything-mercurial anything-config browse-url rx grep compile comint
ring tramp tramp-compat format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-aux ffap
thingatpt anything warnings epa-file epa derived epg epg-config
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc
gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache dired regexp-opt
usage-memo punycode idna naquadah-theme eev-thierry edmacro kmacro
iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose
eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode
advice help-fns advice-preload w3m-wget preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads info easymenu cl tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997