Subject: "Version control" undefined

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:25:08 -0400

"1.6 Startup Files" sez:

     The `gnus-startup-file' variable says where the startup files are.
  The default value is `~/.newsrc', with the Gnus (El Dingo) startup
  file being whatever that one is, with a `.eld' appended.  If you want
  version control for this file, set `gnus-backup-startup-file'.  It
  respects the same values as the `version-control' variable.

An informed user might know enough to look at the help for
`version-control' and discover that this refers to keeping multiple
backup files, but especially these days, most readers are likely to
associate "version control" with something like Git or SVN.  Either
"version control" should be linked, or, preferably, you should 

  s/If you want version control for/If you want to keep multiple numbered backups of/

Package: gnus
Version: 5.110018
No Gnus v0.18
GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.35)
 of 2011-03-09 on black.porkrind.org
200 news.gmane.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.5.1 ready (posting ok)
101 Capability list:
VERSION 2
IMPLEMENTATION INN 2.5.1
AUTHINFO USER
HDR
LIST ACTIVE ACTIVE.TIMES DISTRIB.PATS HEADERS NEWSGROUPS OVERVIEW.FMT
OVER
POST
READER
STARTTLS
.

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com