Subject: Re: "options ..." line underdocumented

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 16:37:26 -0400

on Sun Jul 03 2011, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi-AT-gnus.org> wrote:

> Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> 1.4.3 Filtering New Groups mentions an "options" line I can put at the
>> top of my .newsrc, but only offers an example of how to disable certain
>> groups that way, and no links to anyplace where I can get more
>> information about how this line works, what options (e.g. "-n") are
>> available, and/or what they mean.  IMO there should be a link to more
>> complete documentation, or support for the option should be dropped.
>
> The example lists denying two hierarchies, and forcing subscription to
> the last one.  And there aren't any more features or options, so I'm not
> sure what else to document...

Well, for example, you could tell me what the `-n' option does.  I
expect it's meaningful to leave it out, or there wouldn't be any point
in having it.  What happens when I leave it out?

You could give me more detail about what's allowed for the other
arguments--- am I limited to arguments matching the regexp
`!\[A-Za-z]\.all'?  If not, what does the part after the `.' mean and
how is it interpreted?

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com