Subject: Re: bug#8959: 24.0.50; [nnimap/Gnus] Dovecot panics trying to close mailboxes

From: Luca Capello <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 02:34:13 +0200

Hi there!

Thank you for the quick reply.

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 00:55:47 +0200, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> There seems to be two problems here.
>
> 1) Your dovecot is apparently segfaulting because of something Gnus is
> doing.  Does it stop doing that if you `M-g' the
> "lists.Debian.pkg.CL-Debian" group?

I tried with four other folders and it seems that the second time
Dovecot does not segfault, even in the fourth case where I had to
unfreeze Gnus with `C-g' before hitting `M-g'.

> I have a suspicion that dovecot's QRESYNC support is fragile, but I'm
> not sure what nnimap can do about that except blacklist Dovecot from
> using QRESYNC.  Which kinda sucks.

I did not search it before because I was ignorant about what to search,
thank you for the hint, I guess this is:

  <http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3csmuvd4pdekg.fsf%40linuxpal.mit.edu%3e>

I have already backported the patch to the Debian stable package
(dovecot-imapd_1:1.2.15-7), so I will test it in the following days.

FYI, the only other QRESYNC problem I found seems to be fixed in Debian
squeeze as well, thus it should not be the right one, but still:

  <http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3c1282166870.32196.9.camel%40macbook.infradead.org%3e>

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca