Subject: bug#8952: GNU Emacs Bugs, Wishes, Etc.

From: Howard Persh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:20:23 -0700

Hello,

here are a few things I have observed about Emacs (GNU Emacs 23.1.1
(x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2009-08-04 on mon-irva-35).

Bugs:
(1) query-replace immediately after narrow-to-region seems unreliable
-- first time, it will not find the search string, but after an
immediate second attempt, it will.

Wish list:
(1) Narrowing being a per-window operation, not per-buffer (currently,
narrowing in one window affects all windows viewing same buffer).

More way-out wish list:
(1) Many years ago, I worked on IBM mainframes.  There was an editor
called XEDIT, which ran under CMS.  One really, really nice feature of
XEDIT that I would love to see Emacs adopt is keeping the current line
(line with the edit cursor) on the middle (vertically) line of the
window.  Maybe this could be a minor mode...?  Personally, I find this
a much easier way to present and edit a file...

Thanks for the great work!

-- 
Howard

-----------------------------------

Howard Persh
Email: [email-masked]
Yahoo IM: hpersh