Subject: 24.0.50; y-or-n-p doesn't support scroll-o-w like yes-or-no-p

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 06:43:31 +0200

Hi,
after discussion about bug#8927, i discover that 
from a yes-or-no-p i can scroll-other-window, but not from a
y-or-n-p.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.17 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2011-06-27 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11001000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
C-c R y e s <return> C-< q C-< C-x C-² <f7> m L <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-u <return> 
2 <backspace> 5 6 <return> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <right> C-SPC C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
M-w q q y M-x r e p o <return>

Recent messages:
Fetching headers for gmane.emacs.bugs...done
Scoring...done
Generating summary...done
No more unseen articles
No more unread articles
Mark set
No more unread newsgroups
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n)  y
(No changes need to be saved)

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow epa-mail emacsbug flow-fill help-mode xmtn-dvc dvc-status
xmtn-conflicts xmtn-ids xmtn-match xmtn-automate xmtn-compat xmtn-run
xmtn-basic-io xmtn-base w3m-cookie w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session
dabbrev tramp-cache tramp-sh qp align url-cache url-http url-gw url-auth
w3m-form smiley gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg mail-extr gnus-ml
nndraft nnmh nndoc utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnml nnfolder rot13 netrc
network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-dired gnus-registry registry
eieio-base ert find-func debug view cal-iso preview prv-emacs tex-buf
reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex reftex-vars font-latex latex
tex-style tex latexenc vc-git xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate dvc-annotate
xgit-log js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs conf-mode sh-script vc-rcs imenu xhg-dvc xhg
xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log bzr-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core
xmtn-minimal tla smerge-mode newcomment dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff
dvc-fileinfo diff dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version dvc-revlist uniquify
em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs
em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode align-let server
googlecl google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode
google-maps-base json simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org
iedit zop-to-char mule-util elscreen smallurl mm-url xml-weather
rectangle-utils tv-utils eldoc-eval eldoc pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info
pcvs-defs auto-document autodoc mb-depth ioccur moz cl-info
slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime
hideshow hyperspec slime-autoloads boxquote rect image-file newsticker
newst-treeview newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend
ledger-config ledger esh-arg esh-util lpr woman man two-column em-term
term ehelp electric esh-toggle em-xtra flymake pdbtrack no-word
regex-tool whitespace paren time dired-tar dired-extension image-dired
yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode emms-mplayer-config emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-lastfm-client parse-time emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser
sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat winner dvc-init bzr-gnus
tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher
dvc-unified dvc-tips dired-x ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help
ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp
dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs
dvc-site psvn log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack htmlize
muse-colors muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex
muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load
muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse
muse-nested-tags muse-mode muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks
remember org-remember org-datetree config-w3m mime-w3m w3m doc-view
jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mime eword-decode mel path-util
mime-parse std11 luna mime-def alist mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces
pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe pym static apel-ver product w3m-load
addressbook-bookmark message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol
bookmark-uzbl-handler bookmark-firefox-handler url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap bookmark-extensions org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval
org-complete org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs
noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark pp recentf
tree-widget wid-edit savehist init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything
anything-ipython ipython python-mode info-look ansi-color executable
shell pcomplete shell-history anything-complete anything-show-completion
anything-obsolete anything-match-plugin anything-delicious xml
anything-mercurial anything-config browse-url rx grep compile comint
ring tramp tramp-compat format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-aux ffap
thingatpt anything warnings epa-file epa derived epg epg-config
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc
gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache dired regexp-opt
usage-memo punycode idna naquadah-theme eev-thierry edmacro kmacro
iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose
eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode
advice help-fns advice-preload w3m-wget preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads info easymenu cl tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
A+ Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997