Subject: Re: bug#8944: 23.3; Formatting of Labeled Constructs in Fortran

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:24:11 -0400

(Please keep the debbugs address included in replies).

Fred Krogh wrote (on Mon, 27 Jun 2011 at 21:45 -0700):

> > I don't understand what you are asking for, because the names
> > already make no difference to the indentation of subsequent lines.
[...]
> I must apologize.  I swear that this sort of thing was not working for
> me in the past.  I just tried your example and then a slightly more
> complicated example and it seems to work.

OK, good, that was easy!

> > I'm not going to implement this. It is too difficult to support
> > constructs split across lines.
> I'm sorry to belabor this.  Not knowing how this sort of think might
> actually be implemented it seems to me easy to ignore the indentation of
> a construct name.  Of course I really don't understand how this sort of
> thing gets handled and I am very grateful to have what I have.

The reason it makes life more difficult is that if everything is on
one line, you can basically just do everything with a simple regular
expression; but if things are allowed to be split over lines then
you need to do a more complicating parsing.

Anyway, I'll leave this bug report open but will mark it as "wontfix".