Subject: bug#8919: 24.0.50; Ever-changing frame size for GTK3 toolkit on a KDE4 desktop

From: Dirk Ullrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:47:06 +0200

Hi Jan,

2011/6/23 Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>:
> Hi.
>
> We have had shrinking on KDE before GTK3.  It comes and goes.
> GTK3 now sets wm size hits behind our backs, it is probably that that
> triggers it.
>
>        Jan D.
[...]
I must confess that this the first time that I suffer from this
shrinking of Emacs on KDE. (I use the Emacs' development version built
for the GTK2 toolkit right from the beginning.) Maybe that the bug
occured for an Emacs revision I didn't build. And for GTK2 it even
doesn't happen at all yet - at least for me.

By the way - for curiousity I reverted to revision 104583 i.e. the
last one for your last GTK3-related changes. For this revision the
shrinking error does not occur.

Dirk