Subject: bug#8918: 24.0.50; animated gif displayed incorrectly

From: William Stevenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:09:58 +0100

*Some* gif images do not animate correctly.  In the nyan cat gif it looks like the
first image frame width is being applied to all frames, resulting in a 'skew'.
In the moon gif the frames appear in the correct position and size but the image
looses it's background. Possibly 2 bugs.

Please see video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW0Ps_tOEKc
and images:
http://www.mouseabuse.co.uk/media/img/nyan2.gif
http://www.mouseabuse.co.uk/media/img/moon.gif

Environment is Fedora 15, gnome 3.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2011-06-22 on yhvh-pc
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11002000
configured using `configure  '--with-dbus' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xft' '--with-xpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-a <up> <up> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<down> <down> <end> s i z e SPC b u t SPC t h e SPC 
b a c k g r o u n d <C-backspace> i m a g e SPC l o 
o s e s SPC t h e SPC b a c k g r o u n d <C-left> 
<C-backspace> i t ' s SPC <end> <up> <up> C-a C-SPC 
C-n C-n C-n M-p M-u C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-a 
C-SPC C-n C-n C-n M-p M-x <up> <return> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> . <return> <return> P l e a s e SPC s e e 
SPC v i d e o : S-SPC <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <return> a n d SPC i m a g e s : S-SPC <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <delete> 
<up> <down> <return> <backspace> <backspace> <return> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-3> <mouse-3> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> SPC P o s s i b l e <backspace> y SPC 2 SPC 
b u g s . <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-o C-o C-o C-n 
C-n E m b <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> E n v i r o n m e n t SPC i s SPC F e d 
o r a SPC 1 5 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> , SPC g n o 
m e SPC 3 / <backspace> . <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
_ <C-right> _ <backspace> * <C-left> <backspace> ( 
<backspace> * <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <end> C-c C-c <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-a C-SPC C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n M-w M-x <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <up> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark activated
Making completion list...
You can run the command `fill-paragraph' with M-q
Auto-saving...done
Mark activated [2 times]
You can run the command `fill-paragraph' with M-q
Auto-saving...done
org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c: C-c C-c can do nothing useful at this location
Mark activated
goto-history-element: Beginning of history; no preceding item

Load-path shadows:
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/rainbow-mode-0.1/rainbow-mode hides ~/.emacs.d/plugins/rainbow/rainbow-mode
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-html
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-latex
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-mks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mks
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-docbook hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-docbook
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-exp
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-freemind hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-freemind
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-beamer
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-wl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-wl
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-remember hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-remember
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-ascii
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-mew hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mew
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-vm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-vm
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-jsinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-mac-message hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-sh hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-exp-blocks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-calc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-taskjuggler hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-js hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-xoxo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/yhvh/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20110616/org-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-publish

Features:
(browse-url org-feed org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org
warnings ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote
org-src ob-comint comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs shadow sort mail-extr message format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug help-mode js2-mode-autoloads org-autoloads
info rainbow-mode-autoloads package tabulated-list google-maps
google-maps-static url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp gnus-util time-date password-cache
url-vars google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json time rainbow-mode
magit ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff server pcomplete iswitchb view diff-mode log-edit ring
pcvs-util add-log magit-key-mode linum-off linum
color-theme-gnome-3-adwaita color-theme wid-edit sendmail regexp-opt
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils reporter
yasnippet-bundle dropdown-list yasnippet derived easy-mmode edmacro
kmacro easymenu assoc cl smooth-scrolling advice help-fns advice-preload
subword cus-start cus-load tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)