Subject: bug#8911: bs-cycle-next deletes window in some cases.

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:55:56 -0400

> I'm sure I won't be able to convince you, but that is not what the doc
> string indicates.  It speaks only about removing the current buffer
> _from the selected window_ (if displayed there).

> To you maybe that suggests something about "disappearing" in the case
> of a dedicated window.

> To me it suggests nothing of the kind.  To me it suggests on the
> contrary that this is not at all about that particular case, but is
> instead _ONLY_ about the case where the buffer _CAN_ be removed from
> the window.  

Indeed you won't be able to convince me.  I know enough about the way
bury-buffer is used throughout the Emacs code to know what is the
intended behavior.

> Instead, it raised the error "Cannot switch buffers in a dedicated window",
> which to me sounds right.

If "breaks most calls to bury-buffer when the window is dedicated"
sounds right to you, then I guess I won't be able to convince
you either.

        Stefan