Subject: bug#8911: bs-cycle-next deletes window in some cases.

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:07:17 -0400

> Please note a difference between your use of Emacs and mine: I *never*
> use multiple frames. So if I happen to have a dedicated window and I
> accidentaly try to bury the buffer, iconifying my only frame is never,
> ever going to be useful. It will *always* be followed by de-iconifying
> it and then fixing the problem.

Iconifying should only happen if the window is dedicated *and* it's the
only window in the frame.  How do you ever get into such a state in your
single-frame use?

> Of course, it's not often that I have a single, dedicated window in
> the frame. But I use dedicated windows for some things (like the
> output of bs-show), and I sometimes do C-x 1 while on one of these
> buffers.

Ah... I guess we could work around the problem by deciding that we
should additionally check that there's some other frame displayed before
iconifying a frame.
Not sure what a real fix would look like.

        Stefan