Subject: Re: bug#8907: Bug in vi terminal command

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:20:35 -0600

tag 8907 notabug
thanks

On 06/20/2011 03:14 AM, Sidhdarth Kawthekar wrote:
> $ cal 1752

Thanks for the report.

However, cal is not one of the coreutils, so there is nothing we can do
about it here.

Furthermore, I'm assuming that the behavior that you are claiming to be
a bug is that several days are missing from September.  But that is not
a bug either; it has to do with the transition between Julian and
Gregorian calendars, and those days really were missing.

You would do wiser in future bug reports to explain what you saw, what
you expected, and how they differ, rather than just listing the command
you typed and expecting us to guess what you think to be the bug.

> 
> DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information

Meanwhile, the signal-to-noise ratio of your email is horrendous, not to
mention that your disclaimer is unenforceable on a publicly archived
list.  It is considered much better etiquette to refrain from using your
employer's email account to send public bug reports if they tack on such
disclaimers, and instead to use a personal account.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org