Subject: Re: bug#8906: mkdir - opérande manquante Unbutu

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:48:54 -0600

tag 8906 notabug
thanks

On 06/20/2011 04:19 AM, Gerard ABD wrote:
> Bonjour,
> 
> Je viens d'installer UBUNTU Lorsque je tape dans la console 
> 
> sudo mkdir -p , cette ligne n'est pas acceptée, mkdir est introuvable selon copie d'écran ci-dessous

Thanks for the report, and apologies for my replying in English (I am
not fluent in French).

> 
> ubuntu@ubuntu-VirtualBox:~$ sudo mkdir -p

This command is missing an argument.  mkdir only works if you actually
give it a directory name to be created.

> [sudo] password for ubuntu: 
> mkdir: opérande manquant
> Saisissez « mkdir --help » pour plus d'informations.

This behavior of mkdir is expected and is not a bug.  If you are blindly
copying and pasting instructions from some printed formula, either you
left out the directory name in that formula, or the bug is one of poor
documentation in that formula.  But I don't think there is anything to
do on coreutils' side of things.  Therefore, I'm marking this bug as
closed and invalid, unless you provide more evidence of why we need to
do anything about it.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org