Subject: Re: "Recover Crashed Session" fails "No files can be recovered"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:30:39 +0200

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:49:21 -0800, "Yary Hluchan" said:
> Here's your reminder!

Thanks.

I set up a public Darcs repo at
http://porkmail.org/elisp/recover-buffers

Darcs isn't invasive; you don't actually need Darcs to download it.  In
fact you can just browse the code by visiting that URL.

This piggybacks on recover-session, and then just redefines the C-c C-c
keybinding to run recover-buffers-finish instead of
recover-session-finish.  It does call recover-session-finish from inside
recover-buffers-finish, but then proceeds to visit all files from the
auto-save file.

The recover-buffers-skip-list feature probably isn't very useful; my
vague recollection is that my previous version had this feature because
recovering remote Tramp files used to be something I didn't want to
attempt, but these days Tramp is well-supported and I haven't come up
with any other scenario where I would actually still want this.  So
perhaps it should just be obsoleted.

Hope this is useful for y'all,

/* era */

-- 
If this were a real .signature, it would suck less.  Well, maybe not.