Subject: Re: bug#8862: compilation-window-height no good anymore

From: Nix <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 20:11:54 +0100

On 14 Jun 2011, martin rudalics stated:

>>> In the current version, windows are no longer deleted automatically.
>>
>> Isn't this a very large backward-compatibility and user-expectations
>> break?
>
> Hopefully not.  There were a number of complaints that Emacs deleted
> windows automatically during resizing.  When a similar change was
> applied to `adjust-window-trailing-edge' for Emacs 22 hardly anyone
> complained.

OK, that's fine then :) I'm not concerned about breakage to packages
so much -- they can be fixed, and in the past have been -- but user
expectations are a hard thing to reprogram.

(Your window management changes are really nice codewise, don't let my
carping from the sidelines stop you revamping things!)

-- 
NULL && (void)