Subject: 24.0.50; Isearch: Repeating the last search

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:32:31 +0200

Starting from emacs -Q:

1. Go to the beginning of the *scratch* buffer (M-<).
2. Search for "filee" (C-s filee) and type <enter> to accept the
current cursor position.
3. Repeat the last search (C-s C-s).

After step #3, the minibuffer shows the entire seach string "filee" as
unmatched, but the first 4 characters *do* have matching words after
the cursor position.  So only the last "e" should be displayed as
unmatched.

IOW, I should get the same result with (C-s C-s) as with (C-s filee)
(i.e. retyping the search string).

A picture is worth a thousand words. See attached screenshots:
* "img-wrong.png": Observed result.
* "img-right.png": Expected result.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-06-07 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/build/include'

-- 
Dani Moncayo