Subject: Re: bug#8858: 24.0.50; duplicate defaliases in eieio.el and eieio-opt.el

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:17:04 +0200

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I know nothing about eieio.  I have no idea whether this is actually a
> bug, but it seemed odd.  There are duplicate defaliases in these two
> files.  Should there be?  HTH.

The autoloads are apparently automatically extracted from the other
files, and put into eieio.el. This seems unnecessary, since Emacs itself
will extract the autoloads.

Example:

;;;### (autoloads (eieio-help-mode-augmentation-maybee eieio-describe-generic
;;;;;;  eieio-describe-constructor eieio-describe-class eieio-browse)
;;;;;;  "eieio-opt" "eieio-opt.el" "1bed0a56310f402683419139ebc18d7f")
;;; Generated autoloads from eieio-opt.el

(autoload 'eieio-browse "eieio-opt" "\
Create an object browser window to show all objects.
If optional ROOT-CLASS, then start with that, otherwise start with
variable `eieio-default-superclass'.

\(fn &optional ROOT-CLASS)" t nil)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/