Subject: bug#8856: 24.0.50; regression: `special-display-popup-frame' broken

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:15:50 +0200

> My guess is that `special-display-popup-frame' is the culprit, but the
 > effect is as if `redirect-frame-focus' were no longer respected.  And I
 > see that the code of `special-display-popup-frame' has not changed
 > recently.
 >
 > What seems to be happening (determined by debugging entry to
 > `1on1-display-*Completions*-frame'), is that
 > `1on1-display-*Completions*-frame' gets called only when the frame is
 > created, not each time `special-display-popup-frame' is called.  So if
 > *Completions* is already displayed `1on1-display-*Completions*-frame' is
 > not invoked for its display, and the call to `redirect-frame-focus' is
 > not effected.

Could you please try stepping through `special-display-popup-frame' with
an old version that works for you and the latest one to find out whether
the function that does `redirect-frame-focus' gets called and, if not, why
it gets called in the former and why not in the latter?

martin