Subject: bug#8856: 24.0.50; regression: special-display-frame is no longer dedicated

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:06:51 -0700

Martin,

Please disregard my previous message from today completely.  Dunno what I was
seeing or thought I was seeing.  Sorry for wasting your time (and mine) with
that.

I checked again, and the same test as before, with throw-three.el, does NOT
work, i.e., the bug is still manifested.  I tested again with both the window.el
you sent yesterday and with the latest window.el you sent.  Both have the same
problem.

runemacs.exe -Q --debug-init -l "window-2011-06-21a-MARTIN.el" -l
"throw-three.el" -f "1on1-emacs"

runemacs.exe -Q --debug-init -l "window-2011-06-23a-MARTIN.el" -l
"throw-three.el" -f "1on1-emacs"

Same recipe: M-x f TAB o

When I hit the second char (`o') I get the read-only error for *Completions*.

--

(FWIW, I also checked `after-make-frame-functions' and it was anyway nil in the
tests I mentioned earlier, even without the `let' binding.  All of that was just
a wild goose chase.)