Subject: bug#8847: [PATCH] Improve python support

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 23:08:00 +0100

Hi Yaakov.  Thanks for the patch, and sorry for the delay.

On 11/05/2012 06:45 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> From: Yaakov Selkowitz <[email-masked]>
> 
> * m4/python.m4 (AM_PATH_PYTHON): Add python3.3 to _AM_PYTHON_INTERPRETER_LIST.
> * lib/py-compile: Fix compiled filenames for PEP-3147, currently implemented
> in CPython 3.2 and newer.  Do not create .pyo files for PyPy.
>
Congratulation, you have just fixed part of automake bug#8847 :-)

  <http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8847>

That is much appreciated.

I have now integrated your patch (with some minor fixlets to the commit
message); I have also prepared some follow-up patches that do additional
cleanup, fix several testsuite issues, and introduce PEP-3147 support
in the "make uninstall" target too.  I will soon publish the series as a
reply to this message, and push it in a couple of days if there will be
no objection.  I intend for your fix to appear in the next minor Automake
release (1.12.6), so the series will be pushed to the maint branch.

Thanks,
  Stefano