Subject: 24.0.50; doc string of `Info-virtual-nodes'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:23:07 -0700

The doc string seems to be missing some of the intended text.  Contrast,
for example, the doc string of `Info-virtual-files'.  The `??????' is where
I suspect some text is missing:
 
OPERATION is one of the following operation
symbols `find-node' ??????
that define what HANDLER function to call instead
of calling the default corresponding function to override it.
 
At the very least, it should, I imagine, include those OPERATION symbols
actually found in the code - in particular, `slow'.  I'm guessing it
should include all of these: `find-file', `find-node', `toc-nodes', and
`slow', but I'm not sure.
 
`slow' is used for other, similar variables, in addition to
`Info-virtual-nodes' - for example, `Info-virtual-files'.  But the
meaning of `slow' and its pseudo-handler `t' are explained nowhere.  The
doc for such variables is incomplete (and incorrect, since `t' is not a
function).

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-06-06 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/build/include'