Subject: Re: bug#8825: 24.0.50; Problem with builtin gnutls on Windows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:22:02 -0400

Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Ted seems to indicate that "--with-gnutls" is necessary.
>
> Not on Windows. configure.bat tests for gnutls/gnutls.h and enables
> GnuTLS if found. There's the option --without-gnutls to disable that
> check.
>
>>> n> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function gnutls-boot)
>>> n>   gnutls-boot(#<process tls> gnutls-x509pki (:priority "NORMAL" :hostname "imap.aim.com" :loglevel 0 :trustfiles nil :crlfiles nil :keylist nil :verify-flags nil :verify-error nil :verify-hostname-error nil :callbacks nil))
>
> That backtrace means that the executable you are using wasn't compiled
> with GnuTLS support. Apparently Sean's binary tarballs (including
> emacs-20110613-bin-i386.zip) are built without it.

Sean's build of emacs-20110620-bin-i386.zip now has the GnuTLS builtin
which is working fine.

(Now I just need to fix the errors/warnings:

imap.aim.com certificate could not be verified.
gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) certificate signer was not found: imap.aim.com
gnutls.c: [1] (Emacs) certificate validation failed: imap.aim.com

on Windows)

Thanks to all, especially Sean.
>     Juanma