Subject: Re: bug#8825: 24.0.50; Problem with builtin gnutls on Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 05:07:41 +0200

2011/6/19 Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>:

> I am 100% sure, however,
> that if `gnutls-boot' is a void function, this means that Emacs was
> compiled without HAVE_GNUTLS.  That's what Juanma is saying too.

Yes, that's what's happening here. I compiled the trunk without GnuTLS
support and I get the exact same error as the OP:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function gnutls-boot)
  gnutls-boot(#<process tls> gnutls-x509pki (:priority "NORMAL"
:hostname "imap.aim.com" :loglevel 0 :trustfiles nil :crlfiles nil
:keylist nil :verify-flags nil :verify-error nil
:verify-hostname-error nil :callbacks nil))
  gnutls-negotiate(:process #<process tls> :type gnutls-x509pki
:hostname "imap.aim.com")
  open-gnutls-stream("tls" "tls-buffer" "imap.aim.com" "imaps")
  eval((open-gnutls-stream "tls" "tls-buffer" "imap.aim.com" "imaps") nil)
  eval-last-sexp-1(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)

vs. the following error when the DLL is not found:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "GnuTLS not available")
  gnutls-boot(#<process tls> gnutls-x509pki (:priority "NORMAL"
:hostname "imap.aim.com" :loglevel 0 :trustfiles nil :crlfiles nil
:keylist nil :verify-flags nil :verify-error nil
:verify-hostname-error nil :callbacks nil))
  gnutls-negotiate(:process #<process tls> :type gnutls-x509pki
:hostname "imap.aim.com")
  open-gnutls-stream("tls" "tls-buffer" "imap.aim.com" "imaps")
  eval((open-gnutls-stream "tls" "tls-buffer" "imap.aim.com" "imaps") nil)
  eval-last-sexp-1(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)

    Juanma