Subject: 24.0.50; compilation with -fprofile-generate fails

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 19:18:20 +0200

Hello!

I decided to give -fprofile-generate/-fprofile-use a try. Now, at  
revno: 104508, all files compile, except that "Dumping under the name  
emacs" fails:

	--- Load Commands written to Output File ---
	Writing segment __PAGEZERO       @        0 (       0/  0x1000  
@          0)
	Writing segment __TEXT           @        0 (0x403000/0x403000 @      
0x1000)
	Writing segment __DATA           @ 0x403000 (0x27e000/0x27e000 @    
0x404000)
	        section __data           at 0x403000 - 0x59dcec (sz: 0x19acec)
	        section __dyld           at 0x59dcec - 0x59dd08 (sz:     0x1c)
	        section __la_symbol_ptr  at 0x59dd08 - 0x59e7a8 (sz:    0xaa0)
	unexec: unrecognized section name in __DATA segment
	make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 1
	make: *** [src] Error 2

After a 'make clean' I just invoked a simple make. Is this due to the - 
fprofile-generate option to GCC 4.5.2 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 PPC? (Libgcov  
gets used.) (More compiler output available.)

After re-configuration without -fprofile-generate in CFLAGS temacs and  
bootstrap-emacs compiled OK and were built ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

We need a president who's fluent in at least one language.
				– Buck Henry