Subject: bug#8809: 23.3; Macro problem

From: "Aryangat, Suresh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:52:38 -0400

I've encountered a problem with repeating Macros multiple times.

For example, starting with the following lines:

void FunctionFoo1(int x);

void FunctionFoo2(int x);

.

.

.

Define a macro that outputs the following from the first line:

void FunctionFoo1(int x)

{

    FunctionFoo1(4);

}

The cursor should be placed at the beginning of the next line, i.e. at

the beginning of "void FunctionFoo2(int x);". 

But if a window scroll occurs then the cursor is positioned somewhere in
the

middle of the next line.  This will cause the macro to output incorrect

results if repeated, e.g. C-2-0-x e.

******************************

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)

of 2011-03-10 on 3249CTO

Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600

configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'

Important settings:

  value of $LC_ALL: nil

  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil

  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil

  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil

  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil

  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil

  value of $LC_TIME: nil

  value of $LANG: ENU

  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:

  tooltip-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  tool-bar-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:

<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> 

<double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <help-echo> 

<down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x k <return> 

<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <wheel-down> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <wheel-up> 

<double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> C-x k <return> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <wheel-up> <wheel-up> <wheel-up> <wheel-up> 

<double-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 

<triple-wheel-down> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<wheel-up> <help-echo> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> 

<triple-wheel-up> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <wheel-down> 

<double-wheel-down> <wheel-up> C-x k <return> C-x k 

<return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> C-SPC <down> C-w C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y 

C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y 

C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y 

C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-y C-x ` 1 <backspace> C-x 1 <C-home> 

<next> <next> <next> <up> <up> <down> <down> <wheel-down> 

<double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 

<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

C-x ( <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> C-SPC 

M-f C-w C-y C-e <backspace> <return> { <return> SPC 

SPC SPC SPC C-y ( 4 ) ; <return> } <return> <down> 

C-x ) C-x e C-x e <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <edit> <undo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <menu-bar> <edit> <undo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <edit> <undo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <menu-bar> <edit> <undo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<menu-bar> <edit> <undo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <wheel-up> 

<double-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <home> <down> <up> <up> <down> <down> <backspace> 

<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 

<backspace> <up> <end> ; <home> <up> C-x C-s <down> 

<down> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 

<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:

Unable to load color "systeminfotext"

Unable to load color "systeminfowindow"

Unable to load color "systeminfotext"

Unable to load color "systeminfowindow"

Unable to load color "systeminfotext"

Unable to load color "systeminfowindow"

Unable to load color "systeminfotext"

Undo! [2 times]

Saving file
c:/Saryangat/Downloads/emacs-23.3-bin-i386/emacs-23.3/bin/temp2.cs...

Wrote c:/Saryangat/Downloads/emacs-23.3-bin-i386/emacs-23.3/bin/temp2.cs

Load-path shadows:

None found.

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec

password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231

rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc

time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1

hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug help-fns apropos dabbrev repeat

help-mode easymenu view edmacro kmacro dired regexp-opt tooltip

ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp

w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register

page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock

font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang

misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew

greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese

case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button

minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64

format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable

backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)*** E-Mail body has been
placed on clipboard, please paste it here! *** 

====================
This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.