Subject: bug#8806: closed (Re: bug#8806: 24.0.50; format function broken for zero-padded hex chars)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 22:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#8806: 24.0.50; format function broken for zero-padded hex chars

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
8806: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8806
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#8806: 24.0.50; format function broken for zero-padded hex chars
From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
To: Steve Purcell <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 00:48:50 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."

Subject: 24.0.50; format function broken for zero-padded hex chars
From: Steve Purcell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 20:34:50 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Evaluate the following expression:

(format "%06x" 176)

Expected result: "0000b0"

Actual result: "    b0"

This breaks some Slime backends, since swank packet lengths are encoded
into network messages using this method.

Some inputs appear to work fine, e.g.

(format "%06x" 95) => "00005f"

I'm using a snapshot build from emacsformacosx.com, and it's 2 or 3 days
old.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.35)
of 2011-06-03 on black.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
configured using `configure  '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin' '--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin' 'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.5''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Clojure

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  goto-address-prog-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  slime-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-fuzzy-format-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  global-pointback-mode: t
  pointback-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-smart-tab-mode: t
  smart-tab-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  hl-sexp-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  unify-8859-on-decoding-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug descr-text arc-mode archive-mode
executable shell vc network-stream starttls tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs help-mode multi-isearch jka-compr mmm-mode mmm-univ
mmm-class mmm-region mmm-utils org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe
org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-fstree org-checklist
org-clock org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-mac-iCal org
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat
org-entities org-macs vc-dispatcher flymake-js moz flymake eldoc
vc-darcs goto-addr paredit project-local-variables clojure-test-mode
durendal ac-slime hippie-expand-slime slime-repl slime-fuzzy slime
apropos hideshow pp clojure-mode init-locales init-edit-server
edit-server init-misc init-twitter twit url-http tls url-auth url-gw
init-mail init-common-lisp init-clojure init-slime init-lisp etags
init-rails rinari jump inflections findr ruby-compilation which-func
ansi-color inf-ruby init-ruby-mode flymake-ruby init-ocaml init-haskell
init-python-mode flymake-python init-haml flymake-haml init-css
init-nxml nxml-enc init-htmlize init-org init-php init-sh
init-javascript js-comint init-erlang init-csv init-markdown
init-textile init-crontab init-gnuplot init-git diff-git magithub crm
rebase-mode rx magit-svn magit server pcomplete ediff iswitchb view
diff-mode log-edit pcvs-util magit-bisect magit-key-mode vc-git
init-darcs darcsum gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime
smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 add-log init-svn
init-editing-utils fuzzy-format whole-line-or-region eol-conversion
cua-base pointback undo-tree init-growl init-mmm mmm-auto mmm-vars
mmm-compat init-themes color-theme-sanityinc-solarized cus-edit
cus-start cus-load color-theme-autoloads init-fonts init-sessions
session desktop init-windows winner init-auto-complete
init-hippie-expand init-ido init-recentf recentf tree-widget
init-regex-tool init-flymake init-ibuffer ibuffer-vc ibuf-macs ibuf-ext
ibuffer init-uniquify uniquify init-iedit init-isearch init-viper
init-dired dired+ dired-x ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util dired-aux init-proxies init-gui-frames
init-maxframe maxframe init-osx-keys init-title-bar init-xterm
init-frame-hooks init-utils find-func init-el-get erc-autoloads
fringe-helper-autoloads highlight-symbol-autoloads json-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads project-local-variables-autoloads sass-mode-autoloads
haml-mode-autoloads slime-fuzzy-autoloads slime-repl-autoloads
slime-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads lua-mode markdown-mode noutline
outline rainbow-mode erlang-start coffee-mode org-google-weather solar
cal-dst cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs format-spec google-weather xml
url-cache url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-util url-parse auth-source eieio assoc gnus-util
time-date password-cache url-vars mailcap quack compile cmuscheme comint
ring scheme elein git-blame sass-mode haml-mode derived js json imenu
newcomment cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs css-mode ruby-mode whattf-dt html5-langs
color-theme wid-edit sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils reporter smart-tab auto-complete-config
auto-complete popup flymake-point iedit edmacro kmacro help-macro
fringe-helper todochiku growl smooth-scrolling byte-opt warnings paren
mic-paren highlight-symbol hi-lock hl-sexp thingatpt autopair advice
advice-preload easy-mmode diminish info easymenu revive smex ido el-get
autoload help-fns bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp package
tabulated-list dired regexp-opt init-elpa init-exec-path cl tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)